Dr Peter Johnson BE (Civil), PhD, DIC, MIPENZ
Chief Executive Officer
WaterOutlook was developed by Peter Johnson, a professional engineer specialising in Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Engineering.
During his 25 year career, Peter has been at the forefront of civil engineering projects, in various industries ranging from industrial, oil and gas, to consumer and specialist military products. These include:
- Hamilton City CCT Concept Design
- Milton Microfiltration plant
- Kaikohe Microfiltration plant
- Huntly Water Treatment plant rebuild
- The European Space Agency Arian 5 Space Vehicle high volume oxygen injection booster pump seal
- Rapid Response Mobile Military Water Treatment Plant (150 personnel)
- Various military hardware and software
- Various sealing products for the Nuclear Power Industry
Jeff Bridges BE(EEE), ME (ECE)
Chief Technology Officer
With a BE in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Jeff has a wide range of experience and expertise in building and developing hardware and software. He is considered to be at the forefront of software development in New Zealand and has developed software currently in use within numerous industries. He has developed and implemented the software for WaterOutlook and is integral to the ongoing development and maintenance of this product.
During Jeff's career he has been involved in many innovative developments including:
- Development, testing and installation of hardware and software for GPS telemetry system installed in commercial vehicles throughout New Zealand
- Development and integration of software for an in-vehicle display and messaging terminal widely used by New Zealand trucking companies
- Development of an electronic form system used on fixed and handheld Windows CE devices to replace paper forms with electronic collection and submission of data
- Development of a web-based mapping and tracking application
- Development of software and testing of hardware for the Diver DACAD System™
- Deployment and management of virtualised platforms to consolidate server hardware
- Deployment and management of Microsoft server platforms in business environments
Mark Homenuke MS, BASc (Eng. Physics)
Chief Operating Officer
Mark has a broad background in science and engineering, having worked on cutting-edge research projects in Europe and North America before bringing his international experience to New Zealand.
Mark runs the training and implementation programmes for WaterOutlook and has helped numerous Councils across New Zealand revamp their reporting, business and data systems. He has a specialist knowledge of spreadsheet development, in particular for satisfying New Zealand compliance reporting requirements.
Robyn Sherson Fellow PRINZ, APR, Dip.Bus.Stud (PR)
General Manager Administration and Marketing
Robyn is an experienced public relations professional with more than 20 years in the industry. She has extensive knowledge of the New Zealand dairy industry, government, local government, banking and broadcasting industries and has worked on key national public relations campaigns. Robyn is responsible for developing the WaterOutlook marketing and public relations material and also runs the compliance and administrative side of WaterOutlook.
Finalist NZ Innovators Award 2017
WaterOutlook has been announced finalist in the New Zealand Innovators Awards 2017
- Innovation in Technology Solutions
- Emerging New Zealand Innovation
For the second year running, WaterOutlook was named as finalist in the NZ Hi-Tech Awards for:
- Best Public Sector Technology Solution
New Zealander of the Year Finalist
WaterOutlook CEO, Peter Johnson, was a semi-finalist in New Zealander of the Year Awards 2016 - New Zealand Innovator of the Year Category.
WaterOutlook was delighted to be a finalist in two sections of these Prestigious awards for:
- Best Public Sector Technology Solutions 2015, and
- Innovative Hi-Tech Service 2015
Finalist NZ Innovators Award 2015
WaterOutlook was a finalist in the New Zealand Innovators Awards 2015 – Innovation in Sustainability & CleanTech.